Friday, March 18, 2022
Rule 69 of CGST Rules 2017
Matching of claim of input tax credit.-
The following details relating to the claim of input tax credit on inward supplies including imports, provisionally allowed under section 41, shall be matched under section 42 after the due date for furnishing the return in FORM GSTR-3-
- (a) Goods and Services Tax Identification Number of the supplier;
- (b) Goods and Services Tax Identification Number of the recipient;
- (c) invoice or debit note number;
- (d) invoice or debit note date; and
- (e) tax amount:
Provided that where the time limit for furnishing FORM GSTR-1 specified under section 37 and FORM GSTR-2 specified under section 38 has been extended, the date of matching relating to claim of input tax credit shall also be extended accordingly:
Provided further that the Commissioner may, on the recommendations of the Council, by order, extend the date of matching relating to claim of input tax credit to such date as may be specified therein.
Explanation.- For the purposes of this rule, it is hereby declared that –
- (i) The claim of input tax credit in respect of invoices and debit notes in FORM GSTR-2 that were accepted by the recipient on the basis of FORM GSTR-2A without amendment shall be treated as matched if the corresponding supplier has furnished a valid return;
- (ii)The claim of input tax credit shall be considered as matched where the amount of input tax credit claimed is equal to or less than the output tax paid on such tax invoice or debit note by the corresponding supplier.